• Green blazer with badge (colour of year).
• White school shirt (can be short sleeve or full-length sleeve) with school tie.
White school blouse with short sleeve or three-quarter sleeve (no tie).
• Black school trousers – traditional NOT fashion (Straight leg, not tapered, no canvas or jean material, no skin-tight trousers, no stretch fabric, no leggings, canvas or jean material, no hipster-style trousers) – worn with plain black socks.
Tartan knee length school skirt. (From Sept 2019 all Year 7 and any students purchasing the new skirt MUST wear with 4 buttons visible.) – worn with plain black or natural tights or white or black ankle socks. No patterns or decoration.
• Plain black leather belt (if required) no logo, branding or decoration visible.
• Years 7-9 green jumper or tank top or cardigan with school name embroidered.
• Years 10-11 black jumper or tank top or cardigan with school name embroidered.
• Black formal flat leather school shoes – no trainers, no trainer designs, no sports brands, no canvas shoes, no plimsoles, no suede or pump style footwear. No visible branding.
• Plain black formal leather boots worn under trousers (winter only). No Dr Marten or similar style boots and no suede desert boots.
• Sensible hairstyles at the discretion of the Senior Assistant Head teacher/Assistant Head teacher (no fashion accessories, no tramlines, no steps, no Mohicans, or outlandish colour).
• Hair must not be shaved to an extreme shortness. The school will be the arbiter of whether hair is too short, but as a starting point hair shaved shorter than a number 2 guard will be deemed too short.
• No zero guard skin fades (any fades should be no shorter than a number 2 guard).
• No hair extensions including clip in, braids or semi-permanent extensions.
• No visible tattoos, semi –permanent and henna are not allowed. No earrings or body piercings. This includes clear studs or ‘spacers’.
• No acrylic or artificial nails, no nail varnish, no gel nails, no make-up or false eyelashes, no painted or dyed eyebrows. Do NOT bring make-up into school, it will be confiscated.Finger nails should be kept at a sensible length so you can take part in all in and out of school activities.
• No False tan.
• All students must have a school bag to carry school books and equipment (see equipment list).
• No smartphone watches allowed. Mobile phones may be brought to school, but must be switched off, and in bags throughout the school day.
• Uniform will be provided on a temporary basis for those pupils who are not suitably dressed for school, this should be returned washed and dried the following day.
Students who refuse to wear the correct school uniform will be placed in Inclusion.
Textbooks, exercise books, student planner and folders are supplied and should be looked after with care. They are YOUR RESPONSIBILITY and any loss or wilful damage will mean that you will have to pay for a replacement.
What you will need:
• A bag (large enough to hold your books and equipment)
• Pens (Black or blue)
• Green pen for improvement tasks (provided)
• Scientific calculator
• Protractor and other mathematical equipment
• PE kit
• 2 Reading books
It is important that you keep everything clean and free of graffiti, especially your planner.
Planners must be signed weekly by a Parent or carer. Students MUST have a planner at all times – replacement planners will be charged to parents at a cost of £5.
• St Roberts Unisex T-Shirt
• Unisex Black Shorts
• Short white socks
• Long black sports socks
• Black Skirt
• Black sports leggings
• St Roberts PE Black Hoodie
• Black Tracksuit Bottoms In winter months loose fitting black tracksuit bottoms and black hoodies are permitted. No large logos. No leggings or tight fitted shorts allowed.
PE kit can be purchased online at: